Be tempted to tempeh with this simple, quick and tasty Mexican meal by our friends at Organic Village.
For the burger:
- 2 vegan buns
- vegan cheese
- vegan chipotle mayo
- 2 Organic Village Plant Burger patties
- corn chips
For the salad:
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 pinch of salt
- white wine vinegar (enough to cover)
For the guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- lime juice
- Heat your pan until nice and hot. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the pan with vegetable oil.
- Place Organic Village Plant Burger patties on pan and cook on both sides until crispy but still moist inside.
To make the salad:
- Mix red cabbage, red capsicum, coriander and lime juice together.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle over salt. Mix together then cover with vinegar.
- Let sit for 15 min until it has soffened. Drain liquid.
To make the guacamole:
- Place avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add jalapenos and lime juice and mix through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice buns in half.
- Top with vegan cheese and place under grill until cheese has melted.
- Top with guacamole then place Organic Village Plant Burger patty on top.
- Top with cheese and drizzle with mayo.
- Finely top with corn chips for extra crunch.