Win a Morphy Richards Intellisteam Steamer (closed)
Three lucky members of our Nourish community will take home a brand new steamer!
Competition Closed. Congratulations to our winners!
L. McReynolds, QLD
H. Sheridan, VIC
Morphy Richards Intellisteam Chickpea curry with coconut rice
- 200g diced tomatoes, tinned
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 200g russett potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 400g chickpeas, tinned, drained and rinsed
- 250ml light coconut milk
- 100g basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 130g baby spinach leaves
Vegan-friendly naan bread or roti
- In a non-metallic bowl, mix the diced tomatoes with the onion, garlic, ginger, salt, and spices.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas, cover with cling wrap, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir in 100ml of the coconut milk then transfer the tomato mixture to the rice tray of the Intellisteam and place in the back compartment.
- Put the divider into the front compartment. Place the rice and remaining 150ml of coconut milk into a sauce dish, stir, then place in one side of the front compartment. Put the baby spinach into the other side. Cover both pans with the lids.
- Set the time for the curry using the root vegetables preset (28 minutes) and adjust to 60 minutes.
- Set the time for the rice using the rice preset (40 minutes) and adjust to 28 minutes.
- Set the time for the spinach using the leaf and pod preset (16 minutes) and adjust to 12 minutes.
- When ready, gently stir the spinach through the curry, fluff the rice with a fork, and serve with naan bread or roti bread.
Click here for full terms & conditions