Banana, coconut & teff muffin
Treat yourself to these tasty banana, coconut and teff muffins by Sally O'Neil.
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ¾ cup teff flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated Stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced).
- Mash the bananas then add milk and liquid sweetener and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients (excluding the coconut flakes) and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Spoon into 12-hole silicone muffin tray.
- Top each muffin with some coconut flakes and bake for approximately 30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.