Pear and berry crumble with turmeric custard
Served hot or cold, this simple and healthy crumble will become your new family favourite.
- 4 William pears, core removed, thickly sliced lengthways
- 500g Frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- ½ cup Shredded coconut
- 120g Pureed apple
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 cups Soy milk (I use Bonsoy)
- 1 tsp Vanilla paste
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place pears and mixed berries into the baking dish.
- To make the crumble, place the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Place crumble mixture on top of the fruit and bake for 45 minutes until the crumble is golden brown.
- To make the turmeric custard, mix the cornflour and ½ cup of soy milk in a glass jug. Heat a saucepan on high heat and add the remaining soy milk, vanilla, maple syrup and the turmeric and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cornflour mixture and stir continuously until the milk boils and thickens. Serve drizzled over a piece of the crumble.