- First, make the cauliflower mash.Steam or boil the cauliflower florets for 10–15 minutes until soft. Blitz the florets with the water or almond milk until you have a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Half fill a large pot with salted water and add the potatoes to the pot. Set the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium–high heat and simmer the potatoes until they are soft and cooked through. Drain the potatoes and allow them to steam for 2 minutes before mashing. Mash the potatoes, adding in the vegan butter and then season to taste. Fold in the cauliflower puree and mix until everything is smooth.
- For the cottage pie,preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Set a large frying pan over medium–high heat and heat the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and fry for 10 minutes until the veggies have softened and begin to colour. Add the garlic, thyme, tomato paste, and flour and fry for 2 minutes to cook out the tomato paste and flour. Add the Fry’s Family Pea Protein Mince and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, vegetable stock, cannellini beans, and bay leaves and stir to combine. Simmer with the lid off for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Check and adjust the seasoning of the mince. When you are happy with the flavour, spoon the mixture into an ovenproof dish. Top with dollops of cauliflower and potato mash and spread the mixture evenly over the top. Rough up the surface using a fork to create a pattern and then drizzle lightly with a bit of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!