- Boil the pasta according to the instructions until soft, then drain the pasta. Set it aside.
- In a large pan, add the canola oil and bring it to a high heat. Add the chopped red onion and minced garlic cloves and let them cook until the onions are soft.
- Wash the carrots and mushrooms. Add them to a food processor and pulse them until fine. Add the mushroom-carrot mixture to the pan. Let it cook until softened and browned. Add the salt, dried oregano and dried basil.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomato passata. At this point, you can add more salt, oregano and basil to taste.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Place it into bowls and top with cashew parmesan, fresh oregano and basil.