This recipe is an extract from The Global Vegan by Ellie Bullen, published by Plum. www.elsaswholesomelife.com
FOR THE SAUCE
- To make the pad see ew sauce, pound the chilli and garlic using a mortar and pestle to make a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and 3 tbsp of water and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Dry-fry the cashews in a wok or frying pan over medium heat until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the stovetop, increase the heat to high and add 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes or until golden on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside with the cashews.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, along with the broccolini, snow peas, capsicum and baby sweetcorn. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the noodles and cooked tofu and stir-fry for another minute. Pour over the sauce and stir-fry for a further minute or so.
- Transfer the pad see ew to serving bowls, top with the reserved cashews and the Thai basil leaves and serve with lime cheeks on the side for squeezing over.