- To prepare the jackfruit, thinly slice each piece lengthways and pop the pieces into a large bowl. Then add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, add the jackfruit and chickpea mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. While cooking, break up the jackfruit with a fork to resemble shredded chicken.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and set aside to cool to at least room temperature.
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients except salt and pepper to a large bowl and stir to combine well. Add the cooled jackfruit and chickpea mixture to the dressing and mix through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble each sandwich, spoon a generous amount of the ‘chicken’ salad mixture onto a slice of bread followed by fresh salad greens. Top with a slice of bread to serve or add another layer for a club style sandwich.