Indulge in this sumptuous raw vegan dessert, created by the masterminds behind the Back 2 Earth retreat in the Shoalhaven region of New South Wales.
Recipe by Back 2 Earth
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (add more according to your taste)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or more depending on your taste)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric for colour
- 2/3 aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Mix the base ingredients together in a high speed blender until they form a smooth consistency.
- Mix the topping ingredients together in a mix master for about 15 minutes, until it is white and fluffy and can hold it's shape. It's important to add the cream of tartar and maple syrup very slowly.
TIP: This recipe can make 1 large bowl or 4 smaller, individual bowls. You can singe the meringue with a blow torch if desired. Eat straight away or place in the fridge for another time.