- Cook the fettucine in salted, boiling water until al dente. When done, drain and dress with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the asparagus. Snap off the tough bottom of each stalk of asparagus. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan then add the asparagus and white wine. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly all evaporated and the asparagus is very lightly browned.
- To prepare the sauce, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a deep frying pan then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, except for the lemon juice, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When all elements are ready, add the drained fettucine to the sauce along with the lemon juice and combine well.
- To serve, divide the pasta between 2 plates, top with the asparagus, the reserved lemon zest, and extra pepper, if you like.