- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions then set aside to cool.
- Toss the beetroot with some olive oil, salt, and pepper then place on a tray lined with baking paper. Place in the oven. Place the corn cobs directly onto another oven shelf. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the beetroot is tender and the corn husk is slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Blitz all pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender until a smooth paste forms.
- When the corn has cooled, remove the husk and use a serrated knife to cut off the kernels.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad leaves, cucumber, corn kernels, and zucchini.
- In a trifle bowl (or large glass bowl), arrange the salad in layers in the following order: roasted beetroot, chopped tomatoes, cooked pasta, butter beans, pesto, then the green salad mix.
- Serve immediately. Alternatively, keep all the salad components in separate containers in the fridge until needed. Assemble 1 hour before serving.