KALE SALAD MIX
- If using dried lentils, rinse and drain, then place in a small pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn the heat way down until just simmering. Leave to simmer without a lid for 30–37 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the lentils are soft, but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesy sauce. Place the potato, carrot, onion, turmeric, and garlic in a medium-sized pot, and cover with 2 cups of water. Simmer for 20 minutes, with the lid on. After 20 minutes, add the veggies (and the remaining liquid in the pot) to a blender.
- Drain the cashews and add to the blender, along with the nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and the remaining ½ cup of water. Blend until the sauce is creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- To make the walnut and lentil taco mix, add the cooked lentils, toasted walnuts, tomato paste, garlic, paprika, tarragon, sea salt, and water to a food processor and pulse until everything is just combined. Don’t process the mixture so much that it turns into a mushy paste. You want it to have plenty of texture.
- To make the kale salad, add the kale to a bowl with the aminos, and massage with your hands until the kale shrinks down a bit. Add the tomatoes and onions and stir through.
- To serve, heat the tortillas, then drizzle a little cheesy sauce on each one, add lentil and walnut taco mix, and top with the kale salad mix. Delicious tacos, ready to go!
TIP: If you have cheese sauce left over, pop it in the fridge and use within 7 days or freeze for another time. It freezes really well.