Power up with a whole food plant-based brekkie this weekend. Yum.
Recipe by Adam Guthrie www.adamguthrie.com
- 800g firm tofu, grated or crumbled
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 broccoli head, broken into florets, stalk finely diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 asparagus spears
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices wholemeal sourdough, toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a wok. Add the tofu, cumin, coriander, and turmeric then stir well to coat the tofu.
- Add the diced capsicum, broccoli stems, broccoli florets, carrots and frozen peas.
- Stir well over a high heat for two minutes then add the soy sauce. Continue to stir over a medium heat until vegetables are soft but still firm.
- Meanwhile, in a hot frying pan, add the tomato halves cut side down, asparagus and mushrooms and cook, turning occasionally, until soft but firm and starting to colour.
- To serve, place toasted sourdough in a bowl, top with scrambled tofu, then add the spinach leaves, avocado, asparagus, mushrooms and tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.