Golden mylk porridge
Tuck into this healthy breakfast and start your day off on the right note.
- 2 cups of almond milk or additive-free coconut milk (I love a mix of the two!)
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground or freshly grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (to increase absorption)
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground or freshly grated
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 10 strawberries, hulled
- Coconut flakes and micro mint or lemon balm to serve (optional)
- Blend all ingredients except for chia seeds and garnish in a high speed blender until smooth or whisk together well in a small bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and mix, then refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes until the porridge has thickened.
- Pour into your favourite bowls and top with strawberries, coconut and micro herbs.
Recipes and photography: Sally O’Neil, The Fit Foodie.