- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a small brownie tin with baking paper.
- Mix all the brownie ingredients together, starting with the dry, then adding the liquids.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When cooked, turn out onto a cutting board and cut out egg shapes using an egg-shaped mould or a knife. Leave to cool.
- For the sauce, soak the dates for about 5 minutes in boiling water to soften.
- Drain and blitz the dates in a high-speed blender or food processor. Add the vanilla and tahini. Add a little water if needed.
- Layer the date caramel sauce on top of your brownies. If using, drizzle melted chocolate over the top for extra decoration.