Fable Nacho ‘Meat’
‘Not-cho’ Cheese Sauce
Pico de gallo
- To prepare the Fable Nacho ‘meat’, heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottom pot and fry Fable for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the onion and garlic, stirring until fragrant and caramelised.
- Add the tomato paste, canned tomatoes, chipotle sauce, and spices then stir to evenly combine.
- Add the beans and reduce to a simmer for 20–30 minutes, or until the excess liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ‘not-cho’ cheese sauce. Boil the diced potato, onion, and carrot in a pot of water for 30 minutes. Once tender, strain the potato, onion, and carrot, setting aside some of the liquid.
- Place the cooked potato, onion, carrot, remaining ‘not-cho’ cheese ingredients, and ¼ of the reserved liquid in a blender and blend into a puree. Add more liquid until desired consistency is achieved.
- Mix the cheese sauce through the roasted red capsicum (if using) then season with salt to taste.
- Prepare Pico de gallo by combining all ingredients in a bowl.