- In a bowl, cover the TVP with boiled water and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Strain any excess water, then set aside.
- To cook the sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, chilli, and thyme, then cook for another 10 minutes.
- To deglaze the onions, bring to a high heat and add the white wine. Continue to stir until you cook off the alcohol and the liquid reduces by half.
- Add in the soaked TVP, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, then cook on a low heat for another 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti as per the packet instructions in a large pot of water with a dash of salt and olive oil.
- To serve, scoop some bolognese sauce on top of cooked spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a few fresh basil leaves.
TIP: Feel free to use canned brown lentils to replace the TVP. You can never go wrong with some extra legumes in your diet!